- November 23, 2020
- Posted by: PIONEERLAWHUB
- Categories: BLOG, UPDATES
CLIENTS ATTRACTION AND RETENTION TIPS
Giving the Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioners which proscribes express or unguarded marketing of legal services, to remain in business as lawyers, it is absolutely vital for us to learn and master the arts of attracting and retaining quality clients in our fast-paced world.
May we find the following tips helpful?
- Collaboration in the words of the famous author of “the 7 habits of highly effective people” Stephen R. Covey “interdependence is a choice which only independent people can make”. In collaboration or partnership, there is need for individual to clarify expectations, identify personal strengths and what each partner is bringing to the table. Create symbiotic relationship and avoid parasitic ones!
- Professionalism always sharpen your skills be it advocacy and/or other skills
- Indicate your values and ethics and clearly work in alignment with both
- Ingenuity / creativity : “necessity” they say, “is the mother of invention” and I add that “creativity is the father” (the sky is really vast, just discover your space and carve your niche)
- Innovation: most clients will pay for additional values or real solutions offered that solve their problems
- Personal investment. Quality investment in oneself is the highest currency you can earn yourself.
- Take calculated risk. Don’t be afraid to delve into the often neglected areas especially the emerging areas in law.
Please feel free to add more in the comment box. Do have a very productive week.
Credit: pioneer Law Hub Limited, Abuja (co-working space for innovative Lawyers)
Location: No.18, Cotonou Street, Zone 6, Wuse Abuja